- This event has passed.
Thursday Night Wine Dinners at Southold Social
October 13, 2022 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
James Beard Award-winning Chef François Payard is now offering special wine dinners on Thursdays at Southold Social! Chef Payard and his team have hand-picked local North Fork wineries that are just a short distance from the restaurant. The wine region benefits from a location completely surrounded by water, with wind and maritime temperatures. The fall harvest season is the perfect time to discover the local bottlings. Beginning October 13, thirty people will have the opportunity to enjoy a $75 prix fixe menu prepared exclusively by Chef Payard in the upstairs dining room each Thursday evening. Each week, the dishes will be curated to perfectly pair with the local wine offerings for an additional $30. Reservations are available on a first come, first served basis. See below for the current winery collaboration schedule:
- October 13: Lenz Winery –– A 70-acre estate vineyard in Peconic that has bottled its own Chardonnay, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon since 1978. Winemaker Thomas Spotteck will be in attendance; the reservation link is available HERE.
- October 20: Peconic Bay Vineyards –– This “farm-to-cellar” winery in Cutchogue is dedicated to sustainable farming techniques to produce the highest quality wines.
- October 27: Wölffer Estate Vineyard –– Since 1988, this Sagaponack-based winery has produced playful yet premium, distinctive wines, ciders, and spirits.
- November 3: McCall Wines –– Located in Cutchogue, McCall wines has proudly been farming and producing a diverse array of award-winning wines since 2007.
- November 10: Macari Vineyards –– The Macari family has owned their 500 acres of Mattituck waterfront for over half a century, though Macari Vineyards was not established until 1995. This family-run winery adopts biodynamic principles to create delicious, organic wines.
- November 17: Pellegrini Vineyards –– The couple behind Pellegrini Vineyards are considered to be some of the original pioneers in the Long Island wine community; their state-of-the-art facility in Cutchogue boasts the best of winemaking technology while also honoring Old World traditions.
Southold Social, 56125 Main Rd, Southold, NY 11971; (631) 765-8888; @southoldsocial