Walt Whitman Shops is inviting shoppers, guests and residents to elevate their minds, bodies and spirits at the shopping center’s inaugural Wellness Event this Friday and Saturday, Feb. 17 & 18, from 12-6 p.m. each day at the Center Court. Throughout the event, select retailers and local Long Island-based businesses will offer the latest trends in fitness, style, and personal comfort, as well as bootcamps, yoga sessions, fitness classes and information on sleep health, whole body wellness and nutritional supplements from health and wellness professionals. See below for more details on the participating businesses and events: Participating Retailers
- lululemon – The popular fitness and lifestyle brand will have three of its ambassadors teach free 45-minute yoga classes that’ll help to reduce stress and improve your strength. Register for classes here.
- Casper – A Casper Sleep Specialist will share information about sleep health, how it correlates to your well-being and tips on how to get restful sleep.
- Detoxx Bar Health Food Market – Attend the retailer’s Health and Wellness series with Dr. Swamee Gentles, where she will share her tips on how to defeat stress. Afterwards, there will be a Q&A session and complimentary refreshments.
- Aerie and FP movement will display their athleisure wear collections so shoppers can Check out the latest trends in fitness, style and personal comfort first hand.
Local Wellness Practitioners and Businesses
- F45 Training Melville Bootcamp – Known as a global fitness community that specializes in fun, innovative, high-intensity group workouts, F45 Training will host a free 25-minute heart-pumping, sweat-dripping HITT workout! Register for the session here.
- Train To Win Fitness – Dedicated to providing its members with a safe and welcoming environment where they can achieve their fitness goals, the Huntington-based fitness studio will demonstrate personal training sessions.
- 8Well – With a mission to drive positive change in overall well-being, the Huntington-based fitness studio and wellness company will host a Q&A session on Saturday.
- NO GVN UP™ – The sports nutrition company will promote its brand of sports nutrition supplements, as well as answer nutrition questions.
“At Walt Whitman Shops, we pride ourselves on not only being the top shopping and dining destination in Central Long Island, but also a destination for all things health and wellness,” said Maria Cavanagh, Director of Marketing and Business Development at Walt Whitman Shops. “With our inaugural Wellness Event, we are excited to spotlight our retailers in the health and wellness space, as well as local businesses who are dedicated to keeping people motivated to achieve their wellness goals.”