Global Wellness Day is Saturday, June 13th. This annual wellness day event is dedicated to answering the question: how can I live a healthier and better life? These past few months in quarantine due to COVID-19 have been difficult for many, especially when it comes to maintaining a wellness routine. As we begin to emerge from our homes on a regular basis, we are now focusing on all forms of wellness. These forms encompass physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
Below, we share some ideas for celebrating Global Wellness Day at home while taking inspiration from luxury hotel properties around the world. Soon, we will once again be able to travel more freely.
Peaceful Playlist and Immune Boosting Treatments
Longevity Wellness Worldwide, Portugal
Try at Home
Longevity Wellness Worldwide, a leader in spa, health and integrative wellness services, has introduced a new work from home playlist to help people to destress and relax. The playlist incorporates the holiday and wellness atmosphere of its three wellness hotels in the Algarve region of Portugal. There are a range of songs, from songs that recreate the Portuguese holiday experience to spa relaxation music. There is also a selection of music from Portuguese artists, including Bernardo Sassetti, Salvaor Sobral, and Luisa Sobral.
When you visit, try the new immune boosting treatments, which includes the ozone therapy treatment. It is the administration and absorption of ozone and oxygen to optimize the amount of oxygen in our body. Ozone has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, in addition to many more benefits.
Fresh Air, Fun and Mountain Yoga
Courmayeur Mont Blanc, Italy
Try at Home
This Saturday, June 13th on Global Wellness Day at 9:30am BST, Courmayeur Mont Blanc will be showcasing ‘Renew Yourself Through Breath and Meditation Yoga.’ This will take place from an impressive height of over 7,000 feet live-streamed from the Skyway Monte Bianco’s pavilion, Europe’s highest cable car. The cable car is reopening in celebration of Global Wellness Day.
‘Flow Energy for Summer Solstice’ alpine yoga is also taking place, with the Mont Blanc as the backdrop. Alpine yoga is at 9:30am BST on June 20th via their Instagram handle: @CourmayeurMontBlanc.
Try When You Travel
Courmayeur Mont Blanc is the dream destination for travelers looking to escape the day-to-day, get active and embrace nature in summer. Situated on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc, June-October sees the renowned ski resort filled with Alpine pastures and meadows, unspoiled hiking trails and peaceful lakes. Visitors can experience mountain biking, high altitude hiking, trail running, sport fishing and water rafting. A perfect escape for those looking to get out of their comfort zone and get fit in nature.
Top Tips for A Good Night’s Rest
Hastings Hotels, Northern Ireland
Try at Home
Phil McCartan, Hastings Hotels’ resident sleep expert and housekeeping manager at the Stormont Hotel, has tips on getting a good night’s sleep. McCartan has even taught Gary Barlow, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Chris Evans how to make a bed!
- Sunlight: Spend more time outdoors, especially at the beginning and end of the day. The less connected you are to natural cycles of darkness and light, the harder it is to adjust to the time change.
- Bedroom Environment: Eliminating external light and noise can help you get a better night’s sleep. Make sure your bedroom is a quiet, relaxing and clean place. Avoid working from home in your bedroom and keep it a haven for sleeping.
- Take a warm bath: A relaxing bath, shower or even a warm foot bath before bed can improve the quality of sleep and help you fall asleep faster.
- Switch Off: Studies have shown that using a device set at top brightness for two hours suppresses the normal night-time release of melatonin, the sleep hormone. Try to also have at least an hour before bed without TV, phones or computers.
- Relax in the evening: Relaxation techniques before bed have been shown to improve sleep quality and are another common technique used to treat insomnia. Why not try listening to relaxing music, taking a hot bath or reading a book.
- Stay consistent: Being consistent with the time you go to sleep and wake each morning can aid-long-term sleep quality.
Try When You Travel
Dreaming of the most restful night’s sleep? Hastings Hotels unique ‘Cloud Beds’ are designed to offer guests the best night’s sleep.
Mindful Coloring and Protecting Nature
MarBella Corfu, Greece
Try At Home
MarBella Collection is now offering mindfulness coloring-in of images of their two beautiful hotels and their surroundings to let your imagination run free.
With a graphic designer brought in by the luxury hotel group, you’ll be able to take a step away from your home working desktop and into a true travelers dream. The experience is personalized by you with your favorite colors, painting the picturesque surroundings of Corfu and Parga. Explore Greek’s top hotel group through the art of color, and paint a picture of your perfect sunset for a mindful escape.
MarBella Corfu plays host to Posidonia Meadows, fascinating ecosystems bursting with marine life and offering incredible environmental benefits. Guests will also have the chance to snorkel and experience an educational underwater safari. Posidonia Meadows also plays a vital role in many environmental aspects on both a regional and global scale.