Emirates Airline is #BackIntheGame just in time for the 2020 U.S. Open. As the Official Airline of the 2020 U.S. Open Tennis Championships, Emirates returns to the Grand Slam® tennis tournament for the ninth year in a row.
This year, Emirates Airline offers online experiences to connect fans to the game as opposed to traditional in person activations at Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens. This year, this partnership with the U.S. Open represents a turning point toward the skies, and renewed vigor for the promise to #FlyBetter.
Emirates Airline at the 2020 U.S. Open Tennis Championships
“We are #BackInTheGame [at the U.S. Open] and committed to offering our U.S. customers the best experience both in flight and from wherever they will be watching the tournament,” said Andrew Bunn, VP Sales, North America.
Emirates will stand out at the U.S. Open through a variety of activities including:
- ‘Emirates Serves for Good’: After each match in Arthur Ashe Stadium, the winning player will hit three balls at Emirates branded targets located in the upper tier sections of the stands.
A donation of $1,000 is be made to the USTA Foundation’s “Rally to Rebuild” program each time a player hits a target.
The donation will support the National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) network.
- ‘U.S. Open Winner’s Walk’ presented by Emirates: Emirates gives audiences the exclusive chance to watch match winners talk about their experiences immediately after each match. Hashtags to follow are #EmiratesFlyBetter and #BackIntheGame
- ‘U.S. Open Play of the Day’ presented by Emirates: Exclusive video content presenting the ‘Play of the Day’ are be shared on the U.S. Open’s Facebook page. Follow #EmiratesFlyBetter and #BackIntheGame
Reflecting Back to the Emirates Suite Experience
The Emirates Suite at the U.S. Open
The exclusive VIP Emirates Suite at the U.S. Open offers premier views of the courts as well the utmost level of privacy and exclusivity. The air-conditioned Suite boasts the same highly sought after hospitality and luxurious detail as one would receive on a Business or First Class flight on Emirates Airline.
Guests of the invite-only suite were offered cold towels, sunscreen, and the signature red Emirates baseball caps.
In 2019, for example, the buffet at the Suite included salad, fresh fruit, pasta salad, crab cakes, steak, chicken, and a full sushi and sashimi bar.
The Emirates Suite at Arthur Ashe Stadium (was) also the only space to have a private sushi chef throughout the entire US Open.
Arthur Ashe Kids Day
We also remember Arthur Ashe Kids Day. Families would get to watch and take part in the festivities in the Emirates Suite. Arthur Ashe Kids Day usually takes place right before the start of the U.S. Open Tennis Championships.
Lunch included salads, pasta, hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, fish, chicken, and steak. For dessert, children were able to create their own sundaes, and there was a full candy bar, as well as cookies, brownies, macarons, cake, and tarts.
Guests had the opportunity to sit inside at one of the booths or high-top tables, or outside in the stadium seats while listening to the music and performances on the court. Many of the performers were Radio Disney stars and up-and-coming signers and actors.
Emirates Airline Returns to the Skies
As borders continue to open, Emirates is committed to keeping passengers safe and protected at every step of the journey.
To date, Emirates has resumed service from:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington D.C.’s Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Assurance for Travel Safety
All airline passengers also receive complimentary hygiene kits containing masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and antibacterial wipes.