There were days when people used to go through the pain of taking collagen injections in order to stay young even in their old age. Those types of injections help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, along with making your skin more elastic and hydrated.
Those days are now long gone.
In order to stay young and have healthy skin, you do not need to go through the same pain of consecutive injections. Collagen is now available in a number of different forms. From pills to liquid, from collagen powders to collagen creams, you really have a lot of options now.
All has become possible just because of dietary collagen. Now, the question is what dietary collagen is and how you should use them for the best results.
Do not worry; we will answer all your queries regarding dietary collagen. Let’s start with what dietary collagen is.
What is Dietary Collagen?
Collagen is naturally present in the connective tissues. Skin, tendons, muscles, ligaments, and bones contain this most abandoned protein. Collagen is a long chain of amino acids. Our body naturally produces collagen. But with age, our body starts to reduce the production of collagen.
This is the reason why we start experiencing joint problems, weakened bones, dull and dry skin, fine lines, and wrinkles. The good news is that you can consume collagen, and studies also have shown a number of positive results of using collagen.
- Tough cuts of meat that are full of connective tissue, such as brisket, chuck steak, and pot roast.
- Bone broth
- Dairy products
- Whole grains
- Bell peppers
- Citrus fruits
- Leafy greens
Some of these might not contain collagen but are full of amino acids, which is the main component of collagen.
Apart from these natural sources, you will also find a number of collagen supplements are available in the form of
How To Use Dietary Collagen?
Now, come to the part about using dietary collagen.
In the above section, we have already mentioned the foods that help you naturally get collagen. You just need to include those foods in your diet. Here, we like to tell you that although red meat is an amazing source of collagen, you still need to limit your intake.
Apart from the food, the most popular dietary collagen is collagen powder. You can just mix the powder with your food or beverage. The best part is that collagen powders are tasteless and odorless. Mixing it with food is not going to change the taste and essence of the food.
So, you can go ahead and enjoy your favorite food or drink after mixing collagen powder without worrying about it damaging the taste.
Here are some of the most popular recipes with dietary collagen.
- Simply add 1 scoop of collagen powder to a glass of cold water and shake the bottle.
- For every cup of coffee or latte you are taking, add 1 scoop of collagen into it and mix it well. You need to ensure that it is not forming any lump.
- In the same way, you are taking collagen with your favorite coffee; you also can have it mixed with your tea and enjoy every sip.
- Add one scoop of flavored collagen into your cold milk and shake the bottle well. Enjoy it with your favorite flavor.
- Add 1 or 2 scoops of collagen powder into hot water, and then mix a scoop of cocoa powder to make healthy and delicious hot chocolate.
- Add 1 or 2 scoops of collagen into your protein and shake it well. Enjoy after your workout.
- Adding 1 to 3 scoops of collagen to any of your baking mixes will help you to take collagen with your favorite baked recipe.
- If you start your day with a complete breakfast and a, dilute 1 scoop of collagen in hot water and then add orange juice and chill it with ice.
- 1 or 2 scoops of collagen will be enough to enjoy it with your favorite smoothie.
Now, you know how you need to take dietary collagen for younger-looking skin and stronger bones. In case you have any other collagen recipes, please share them with us. Our readers will love to try them as well.
Enjoy your new diet with collagen.